Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Discover Southampton ("DS" or "we") provide its content on this website (the "Site" and "Site Content") subject to the following terms and conditions (the "Terms").
We may periodically change the Terms, so please check back from time to time. These Terms were last updated on 18th April 2018. By accessing and using this Site, you agree to these Terms.
Event Terms & Conditions
Discover Southampton Events, Courses and Services
Discover Southampton will promote events/activities uploaded by the public if the Terms and Conditions are adhere to as follows:
- Only events/activities physically taking place at venues within the Southampton SO postcode will be considered for approval.
- Any images and information uploaded must have the copyright holder’s permission.
- Image minimum size 900px X 600px. Maximum file size 5MB
- Supporting documents to be word douments or pdfs - do not upload zipfiles.
- Compulsory information fields on the submission form must be adhered to.
- The submitter is responsible for notifying us of any changes and amendments to an event/activity and accepts overall responsibility for the listing. Contact for any amendments to your event.
We operate an appropriate content policy. Any event submitted that contains unacceptable content will be rejected. Unacceptable content includes (but is not limited to) that which:
- Does not conform to UK, European and international legislation - for example copyright and data protection law
- Would be considered offensive or threatening
Please ensure that the category/categories that you chose for your event are representative of the offer.
An event is classified as a planned public or social occurrence that is not classified as a Course/Class or Service (see below). Categories for events are as follows: Art & Culture; Business; Community & Charity; Family Fun; Food & Drink; History & Heritage; Music & Comedy; Shopping; Sports & Walks; Talks & Lectures; Young People.
A course or class is classified as something that takes place over a period of time, an opportunity of learning and or for the participant’s personal gain. Please note that if you are submitting a course or class that you should only select one other additional category if appropriate.
A service or Support Group is classified as a support resource. Please note that If you are submitting a service that you should not select an additional category.
Use of your event, course or services submission
By submitting an event/activity, you give the right for future use by Discover Southampton, i.e through event feeds, social media etc.
Event Promotion Disclaimer
By submitting an event, the submitter agrees to these Event Terms and Conditions.
We reserve the right to update these Terms and Conditions as appropriate.
All content and functionality on the Site, including text, graphics, logos, icons and images and the selection and arrangement thereof is the exclusive property of DS or its licensors and is protected by English and international copyright laws. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
The trademarks, service marks, designs and logos (collectively, the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are the Trademarks of DS and its licensors. You agree that you will not refer to or attribute any information to DS or its licensors in any public medium (eg press release, websites) for advertising or promotional purposes, or for the purpose of informing or influencing any third party, and that you will not use or reproduce any Trademark of, or imply any endorsement by or relationship with, DS or its licensors.
Use of Site Content
DS hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and download, display, and print one copy of the content and functionality displayed on the Site (the "Site Content") on any single computer solely for your internal, business use, provided that you do not modify the Site Content in any way and that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices displayed on the Site Content. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, distribute, transmit, post, or disclose the Site Content without DS's prior written consent.
You acknowledge and agree that DS shall own and have the unrestricted right to use, publish, and otherwise exploit any and all information that you post or otherwise publish on the Site in postings, survey responses, and otherwise, and you hereby waive any claims against DS for any alleged or actual infringements of any rights of privacy or publicity, moral rights, or rights of attribution in connection with DS's use and publication of such submissions.
You covenant that you shall not post or otherwise publish on the Site any materials that
- are threatening, libellous, defamatory, or obscene;
- would constitute, or that encourage conduct that would constitute, a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate law;
- infringe the intellectual property, privacy, or other rights of any third parties;
- contain a computer virus or other destructive element;
- contain advertising; or
- constitute or contain false or misleading statements.
DS does not and cannot review all information posted to the Site by users and is not responsible for such information. However, DS reserves the right to refuse to post and the right to remove any information, in whole or in part, for any reason or for no reason.
Notices of Infringement and Takedown by DS
DS prohibits the posting of any information that infringes or violates the copyright rights and/or other intellectual property rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of any person or entity.
If you believe that your intellectual property right *or such a right that you are responsible for enforcing) is infringed by any content on the Site, please email to DS at shown below, giving a written statement that contains:
- Identification of the copyrighted work and/or intellectual property right claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the allegedly infringing material on the Site that is requested to be removed;
- your name, address, and daytime telephone number, and an e-mail address if available;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work and/or exercise of the intellectual property right is not authorised by the owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that the signatory is authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the right that is allegedly infringed; and
- The signature of the intellectual property right owner or someone authorised on the owner's behalf to assert infringement of the right.
The content and functionality on the site is provided with the understanding that DS is not herein engaged in rendering professional advice and services to you.
All content and functionality on the site is provided "as is," without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
DS and its third-party content providers make no warranties, express or implied, as to the ownership, accuracy, or adequacy of the site content. DS shall have no liability or responsibility for any information published on linked websites, contained in any user submissions published on the site, or provided by third parties.
Neither DS nor its third-party content providers shall be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or for lost revenues or profits, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages or losses and regardless of the theory of liability.
The views of our bloggers are not the views of Discover Southampton.
Third-Party Web Sites
These Terms and conditions are governed by and shall be constructed in accordance with the Laws of England and under the jurisdiction of the English Courts.